2015 CFMC LATEST NEWS
- NEXT CFMC REGULAR MEETINGS - 2015
December 15-16 - meeting will be in St Thomas, USVI.
- CFMC STATEMENT OF ORGANIZATION, PRACTICES AND PROCEDURES, APPENDIX II, DISTRICT ADVISORY PANELS (Puerto Rico, St. Croix, and St. Thomas-St. John
- Boletín Especial ABT - Vista Pública relacionada con las Medidas de Manejo propuestas para Abrir la Sierra, Bajo de Sico y Tourmaline
- NOAA's popular NOAA Extreme Weather Information Sheets (NEWIS) have been updated for 2015. These Sheets provide phone numbers and websites for contacting government officials and monitoring information resources before, during, and after potentially life-threatening weather situations.
Sheets are available free of charge (http://www.ncddc.noaa.gov/activities/weather-ready-nation/newis/) for coastal Alabama, Florida Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Texas, as well as for Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and Hawaii.
- FEDERAL REGISTER NOTICE - NMFS announced the adoption of a Final Endangered Species Act recovery plan for elkhorn coral and staghorn corals. Electronic copies of the Plan are available on the NMFS Web site at and on the SERO Web
- The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Jacksonville District, announces the availability of funds for Seagrass Conservation Projects through the Puerto Rico Seagrass Fund. Proposals are due by May 21st.
For more information and to apply, please visit the Puerto Rico Seagrass Fund - Seagrass Conservation Projects Request for Proposals webpage
- NOAA Ship Okeanos Explorer: Océano Profundo 2015: Exploring Puerto Rico’s Seamounts, Trenches, and Troughs
- Southeast Region Draft Strategic Plan Available for Public Comment - NOAA Fisheries Southeast Regional Office drafted a strategic plan for fiscal years 2016-2020. This planning effort is one component of a national initiative directed by NOAA Fisheries to ensure the agency's regulatory and science programs are consistent, transparent, efficient, and effectively aligned with the agency's two core mandates: Productivity and sustainability of fisheries and fishing communities, Recovery and conservation of protected resources.
- NMFS announces a 90-day finding on a petition to list
yellowtail damselfish (Microspathodon chrysurus) as threatened or endangered under the Endangered Species Act (ESA). Federal Register /Vol. 80, No. 32 /Wednesday, February 18, 2015 /Notices
- NMFS is releasing the draft NMFS Climate Science Strategy (NCSS) for public review and comment. Federal Register / Vol. 80, No. 15 / Friday, January 23, 2015 / Notices
- NMFS announces the availability of the NOAA Restoration Center Programmatic Environmental Impact Statement. Publication of this notice begins the public comment period for this Draft Programmatic Environmental Impact Statement (DPEIS).
- Funding Opportunity Federal Register /Vol. 80, No. 19 /Thursday, January 29, 2015 /Notices
- FY 2015 Habitat Blueprint - Coastal and Marine Habitat Focus Area Grants for Biscayne Bay, FL, Puerto Rico’s Northeast Reserves and Culebra Island, and Kachemak Bay, AK.
- In the Federal Register of February 2, 2015, Vol. 80, No. 21, on page 5515, in the third column, correct the ‘‘Dates’’ caption to read: ‘‘DATES: Written comments must be submitted on or before April 3, 2015’’.
- The Department of Commerce, as part of its continuing effort to reduce paperwork and respondent burden, invites the general public and other Federal agencies to take this opportunity to comment on proposed and/or continuing information collections, as required by the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995.
- NOAA has chosen two sites in the Southeast and Caribbean Region as the next Habitat Focus Areas under NOAA’s Habitat Blueprint.
To open some documents in this site you will need Adobe Reader, Download Free Adobe Reader XI software.