Video - The Caribbean Fishery Management Council and the Fishers...
CFMC Regular Meeting dates for the year 2015:
- April 21-22, 2015 - 152nd CFMC Regular Meeting convened at the Divi Carina Hotel, St Croix, USVI.
- The dates for the 153rd CFMC Meeting have been changed to the 19th and 20th of August, instead of the 18th and 19th, given that the hotel did not have the conference room available on the 18th. Travel days will be 18th and 21st of August. Please save the dates, the meeting will be at the Holiday Inn, Mayagüez, Puerto Rico.
- December 15-16, 2015 - meeting will be in St Thomas, USVI
- The Caribbean Fishery Management Council’s District Advisory Panels (DAPs)
for Puerto Rico, St. Croix and St. Thomas, USVI, will hold meetings. The meetings will be held on the following dates and locations:
Puerto Rico DAP: July 29, 2015, from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, at the Verdanza Hotel, Tartak St., Isla Verde, Puerto Rico.
St. Croix, USVI DAP: July 20, 2015, from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm, and July 21, from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm, at the Buccaneer Hotel, Estate Shoys, Christiansted, St. Croix, USVI.
St. Thomas, USVI DAP: July 22, from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, at the Windward Passage Hotel, Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas, USVI.
- Outreach and Education Advisory Panel will meet on August 25, 2015 from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm at the CFMC Headquarters.
For more information please contact the CFMC Headquarters.
- The Caribbean Fishery Management Council presents an App for saltwater commercial and recreational fishers. This App provides information on state regulations for Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, as well as Federal regulations for the Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ). It is available in English and Spanish, most features do not require internet access once downloaded.
- El Consejo Administración Pesquera del Caribe presenta esta aplicación de reglamentos para la pesca comercial y recreativa en aguas marinas. Esta aplicación provee información sobre los reglamentos estatales para Puerto Rico y las Islas Vírgenes Estadounidenses, así como los reglamentos federales para la Zona Económica Exclusiva (EEZ por sus siglas en inglés). La aplicación está disponible en inglés y español y la mayoría de los enlaces no requieren acceso al internet una vez descargada la aplicación.
NOAA's popular NOAA Extreme Weather Information Sheets (NEWIS) have been updated for 2015. These Sheets provide phone numbers and websites for contacting government officials and monitoring information resources before, during, and after potentially life-threatening weather situations.
Sheets are available free of charge (http://www.ncddc.noaa.gov/activities/weather-ready-nation/newis/) for coastal Alabama, Florida Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Texas, as well as for Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and Hawaii.
- Sargassum Invades St. Thomas
- The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Jacksonville District, announces the availability of funds for Seagrass Conservation Projects through the Puerto Rico Seagrass Fund. Proposals are due by May 21st.
For more information and to apply, please visit the Puerto Rico Seagrass Fund - Seagrass Conservation Projects Request for Proposals webpage
- NOAA Ship Okeanos Explorer: Océano Profundo 2015: Exploring Puerto Rico’s Seamounts, Trenches, and Troughs
- FEDERAL REGISTER NOTICE - NMFS announced the adoption of a Final Endangered Species Act recovery plan for elkhorn coral and staghorn corals. Electronic copies of the Plan are available on the NMFS Web site at and on the SERO Web
- The CFMC printed a calendar for 2015, you may download it for your personal use. If you would like to receive a printed copy please contact us.
- FB-035 - Seasonal prohibition on fishing for or possession of queen conch in Federal Waters off St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands begins on June 1, 2015, at 12:01 a.m., Local Time.
FB-035 Sp - Temporada de veda para la pesca y posesión del carrucho en las aguas federales del Caribe estadounidense al este de Santa Cruz, Islas Vírgenes estadounidenses comienza a las 12:01 a.m. hora local, el 1ero de junio de 2015.
- Southeast Region Draft Strategic Plan Available for Public Comment - NOAA Fisheries Southeast Regional Office drafted a strategic plan for fiscal years 2016-2020. This planning effort is one component of a national initiative directed by NOAA Fisheries to ensure the agency's regulatory and science programs are consistent, transparent, efficient, and effectively aligned with the agency's two core mandates: Productivity and sustainability of fisheries and fishing communities, Recovery and conservation of protected resources.
For more news go to NEWS
To open some documents of this site you will need Adobe Reader, Download Free Adobe Reader XI software.